Recipe of Vegetable Momos
Recipe Servings: 12
These popular street dumplings are so versatile. You just need to master the technique and you can twist them to suit your palate.
- For Dough:
- 2 cups maida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup carrots - grated
- 1 cup cabbage - grated
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion - finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic - chopped
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
How to Make Vegetable Momos
- Mix the maida, salt and baking powder and knead to a stiff dough with water.
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Saute over high heat and add the carrot and cabbage. Turn around over high heat till glossy.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the Soya sauce, salt, vinegar and black pepper.
- Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4"-5" rounds.
- Take a round, wet edges and place some filling in the center.
- Bring edges together to cover the filling. Twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- Steam for about 10 minutes and serve with soya sauce and chilli sauce.
Key Ingredients: all purpose flour
, baking powder
, Soya sauce
, black pepper
, vegetable oil