Parties, weddings or any special occasion calls for a little makeup. No matter what you wear, a little dab of blush and a stroke of eyeliner or a peppy lip colour can elevate your look from ordinary to glam. While most of us dedicate a good amount of time in applying makeup on our face to perfect our look, we often neglect to remove it after the party. Sure, post party can get very tiresome, but this little mistake can be the cause of skin troubles in the long run. Experts call make-up removal an essential step for a healthy skin, since we never know what we chemicals we are exposing our skin to. Therefore, you must never go to sleep with your make-up on. There are tons of makeup removing products available in the market that can help you clean your face without much effort. Some may argue that those products contain chemicals that hardly do any good to our skin. Moreover, sensitive skins may not take too nicely to such products. Then what do we do? Like they say, there's nothing like going the natural way, you can ditch those commercial makeup wipes and liquid removers and head to your kitchen instead to use everyday ingredients to do the job, and that too without having to worry about side effects. To help you get started, we present five really quick and easy natural ways to remove makeup and pamper your skin at the same time. Read on to know-
1. MilkAs good as milk is for our health, it is equally amazing for our skin. Don't you remember those old stories of queens such a Cleopatra using milk to bathe in? The fat and proteins in milk, especially whole milk, can help hydrate and allow your skin to retain moisture.Dr Indu Ballani, Dematologist in New Delhi says, "If you have a tough makeup to remove, use a little bit of milk or olive oil. Apply it all over your face and then wipe it off with a wash cloth or cotton ball."You can use a tablespoon of almond oil as well, add it to a bowl of whole milk, and rub it all over your face with a cotton ball. It will not only refresh your face but also remove makeup. To remove eye makeup, wipe your eyes with a cotton ball dipped in milk, and then rinse your face clean.
2. Baking Soda and HoneyThis amazing remedy works wonders for any type of makeup. Put a little organic honey on a clean cloth and sprinkle in some baking soda, then clean your face with it. The combination of baking soda and honey works as an excellent cleanser as well as an exfoliator. No need to scrub hard, rub it in gently and complete the process by rinsing your face.
3. Coconut OilThis wonder ingredient impresses through simplicity. You don't need anything else to remove even waterproof makeup! Just a dab of coconut oil and that's good.Dr. Reema Arora, Medical Facial Head at Cocoona Centre of Aesthetic Transformation says, "Coconut oil has three essential fatty acids and a low molecular weight which gives good penetration. It is also loaded with antimicrobial properties making it an excellent moisturiser for the entire face and body. Best to apply pre bath and leave for 10 minutes."To get the most out of it, take a quarter-sized amount into your palms and gently rub it into your face or use coconut oil soaked cotton pads.
4. Cucumber JuiceDr. Indu Ballani, Dematologist in New Delhi says, " Most of the beauty products use cucumber to help remove makeup. So instead of heading to the store, take one cucumber and blend it into a paste. Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties, so they will help to soothe irritated skin or acne-prone skin."You need not look further than your refrigerator, Use a blender to mash cucumber until it has become pasty, add a little of your carrier oil of choice (I personally prefer olive), and it's ready to use as a cleanser. You'll love how well the mixture soothes the skin while taking off your makeup.
5. SteamYes, you've read it right. Steaming is a great natural way to remove makeup. Try filling your sink with steaming hot water (not boiling) and leaning over it for a few minutes. It helps to get last traces of makeup off your face. Steam is the secret skincare weapon of many models too. It unclogs your skin pores and removes all the dirt and impurities.
(This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.)
These natural makeup removal remedies are budget-friendly, simple and super hydrating. Always remember, the more we take care of our skin, the more it will glow.