Here are some of the benefits of lavender oil:
1. Relieves PainIt can help ease muscles, joint pain, sprains and backache. Simply massage lavender oil onto the affected area. Lavender oil may also help lessen pain following needle insertion. Just massage it gently over the affected area and watch out for results.
2. Treats Various Skin DisordersIt can help in treating skin problems like acne, eczema and wrinkles. It also helps form scar tissues, which may be essential in healing wounds, cuts and burns. Lavender can also help in healing insect bites and itchy skin.
3. Keeps Your Hair HealthyLavender oil helps kill lice, lice eggs, and nits. Lavender is possibly effective for treating hair loss, boosting hair growth by up to 44 percent after just seven months of treatment, says a study. Use it and see the results for yourself.
4. Helps Improve DigestionThis oil helps stimulate the mobility of your intestine and stimulates the production of bile and gastric juices, which may help treat stomach pain, indigestion, colic, vomiting and diarrhea. It may keep a lot of such diseases at bay.
5. Relieve Respiratory DisordersLavender oil can help fight respiratory problems like cold and flu, throat infections, cough, asthma, whooping cough, sinus congestion, bronchitis, tonsillitis and laryngitis. It can be applied on your neck, chest, or back, or inhaled via steam inhalation or through a vapouriser.
6. Improves Blood CirculationIt helps lower elevated blood pressure levels, and can be used for reducing hypertension.7. Improves MoodThe fragrance of lavender is very refreshing, which acts as a mood booster.
8. Lavender for Sleep and InsomniaUsing lavender oil improves the overall quality of sleep by 60% which includes the length of sleep, time it took to fall asleep and reduced symptoms of insomnia.
Like every coin that has two sides, apart from these benefits lavender oil also has some side effects. Lavender oil can sometimes irritate the skin, or cause an allergic reaction, nausea, headache, chills or vomiting. It may also interact with certain medications. Please consult a physician if using regularly.
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.