8 things vegetarians have to deal with
IANS | Updated: April 28, 2014 13:53 IST
Vegetarians often get to hear eyebrow-raising comments from people who eat non-vegetarian food. For instance, they are told that they are weak as they don't get enough protein in their food.
Here is a list of comments that vegetarians are tired of hearing, reports huffingtonpost.com:
1. Wait, so you don't eat meat? I don't get how that's possible.
2. When people don't understand that you can be a vegetarian for reasons other than "loving animals".
3. Being asked if you'd eat meat for a million bucks, or if you'd still refuse it if you were stuck on an island and would otherwise starve.
4. The assumption that you're "missing out on life" and must be kind of sad that you can't eat meat.
5. The "plants are being killed too" argument.
6. Nobody is believing you're getting enough protein, so you must be a weak.7. When people say, "I tried being vegetarian once...couldn't do it!"
8. People who claim they're vegetarians, but still eat chicken and fish and the occasional cheeseburger.
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.