There are two kind of mutton lovers, one who simply love the traditional recipes and frown upon the new 'fusion' renditions, and second, who love to experiment as much as they want. What if we tell you that we have a recipe that may impress both the factions? Yes, this keema meat masala is not a drastic departure from your keema curries, yet there is something about the delicacy that will impress those seeking for novelty.
Recipe Video: Keema Meat Masala
(Also Read: 13 Best Indian Mutton Recipes | Easy Mutton Recipes)
This keema meat masala recipe by chef Ravi Saxena from DHABA is treat for all mutton lovers, for it not only contains the goodness of juicy mutton pieces, but also keema (minced meat)filled gravy. The exquisite melange of spices, lends this recipe a unique richness. The luscious gravy can be paired with just about anything, rice, roti, naan. The recipe used left-over mutton curry, but you can prepare the mutton curry from scratch, and give it a decadent facelift with this keema gravy. The masalas are easily available, and it doesn't take much of a time either to put it together. Here is a step-by-step recipe of keema meat masala.
Eid Al Fitr 2020 Special Recipe Step-By-Step: How To Make Restaurant-Style Keema Meat Masala At Home
- 500 gm minced mutton
- 250 gm mutton curry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chili chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt, to taste
1. In a pan, pour oil and heat it.
2. Add garlic, green chili, and onion.
3. Add the minced meat into the pan and mix well.
4. Pour some water and stir for a while.
5. Add the specific powdered spices into it and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Then, add the cooked mutton curry into it and add some more water.
7. Cook it for 10-15 minutes.
8. Garnish it with fresh coriander.
9. Serve Hot.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.