But, before we tell you how to fry French fries, let's learn how and why to rinse the French fries.
How To Fry French Fries In A Pan
- Once you are done with the rinsing process, it's time to fry them.
- Take a medium-sized pan and add your preferred cooking oil. Heat the oil till you can see small bubbles on the side.
- Now, add the sliced potatoes to the pan. Make sure you don't overcrowd the pan so that they are not stacked on top of each other.
- Fry them for 5-6 minutes or until they are light golden in colour.
- Take them out and allow them to cool down to normal room temperature.
- Return the fries into the pan and fry them for 2-3 minutes or until crispy and dark golden brown in colour.
- Place fries on paper towel to absorb excess oil, if any.
- Sprinkle salt over the fries. Fries will be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
How To Fry French Fries In An Air Fryer
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons pure virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Once you are done with the rinsing process, it's time to fry the potatoes with the help of an air fryer.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the sliced potatoes and add oil and seasoning (mix of all the above mentioned ingredients) so that everything gets coated well.
- Cook in the air fryer at 356 fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, toss the fries in the basket (be careful as it's hot) so that all pieces get nice and crispy.
- Air fried French fries are ready to be savoured.
There you have it, two very best French fries recipes that you can make at home. So, grab some potatoes and a hungry friend and try these easy recipes today!
About Shubham BhatnagarYou can often find Shubham at a small authentic Chinese or Italian restaurant sampling exotic foods and sipping a glass of wine, but he will wolf down a plate of piping hot samosas with equal gusto. However, his love for homemade food trumps all.