Whether in soothing soups, startling appetisers or in biryani, chicken enthusiasts can have chicken in any avatar, and never get bored. The versatility of chicken has inspired chefs and cooks to come up with some tantalising recipes every now and then. We have to admit that we do have a soft spot for chicken cooked in a gamut of spices. Take, for instance, the toothsome Tangra chicken. Tangra is a district in Kolkata, and Tangra chicken is the hot and fiery chicken dish that is popular all across Bengal - it can be found in small canteens, cabins and restaurants.
Recipe Tangra Chicken By Veranda Restaurant:
(Also Read: 28 Best Indian Chicken Recipes | Easy Chicken Recipes)
The spice-fest is made by coating tender chicken chunks in a corn flour batter and tossed in a pool of masalas and vegetables. Tangra chicken is sure to tug at your heart strings, especially if you have this recipe by the Veranda restaurant in Bandra, Mumbai, that we dug out for you!
(Also Read: Watch: How To Make Veranda Restaurant's Famous Lamb Chops At Home (Recipe Video)
This tangra chicken recipe is chef Monish Rohra's take on the classic and it is all things indulgent and scintillating. It is a fairly easy recipe to rustle up at home and enjoy on special occasions, family gatherings or movie nights. Make sure you wash the chicken well before using. Since you are making it at home, you can cut back on chilles and spices matching with your spice tolerance. This lip-smacking treat is a sure to be a hit among both kids and adults alike. Here's the step-by-step recipe of Tangra Chicken with ingredients.
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME:15 mins SERVES: 2
• 250 gm of boneless chicken cut into bite sized pieces
• 1 cup Corn flour batter
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp of ketchup
• 2 tsp of red chilli paste
• 1 tbsp ginger-garlic mince
• 1 sliced green chilli
• 1 tsp corn flour
• 4-5 curry leaves
• ½ red bell pepper chopped roughly
• ½ onion sliced
• 2 tbsp spring onion
• Fresh coriander
• Sesame seeds for garnish
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
1. Coat the chicken with a batter of corn flour and salt.
2. Deep fry it until golden and crispy.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add the garlic mince, green chilli, bell pepper, onion and ginger mince.
5. Add the curry leaves.
6. Add the red chilli paste and saute on high heat.
7. Add the soy sauce and ketchup.
8. Add salt and corn flour and mix well.
9. Add the spring onions, coriander and the fried chicken.
10. Garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.