About 250 cadets of the National Defence Academy (NDA) at Khadakwasla near Pune, took ill after having their lunch at the hostel mess, an NDA spokesman said.All those who had taken ill yesterday with complaints of vomiting and upset stomach were treated in the NDA hospital and were subsequently discharged, the spokesman said, adding that a majority of them were discharged yesterday itself while a remaining few were allowed to go this morning after observation.
When asked if this was a case of food poisoning, the spokesman Shibbu Devasia said, "there are about 1000 cadets taking daily food. Only some of them were affected with indigestion and stomach upset." He, however, stated that the authorities had ordered an inquiry into the incident.(Remedies for Food Poisoning)
All the affected cadets were now back to their routine, he noted.
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.