Want to prepare it for your beloved ones, then here we have the recipe of Indian Cottage Cheese Milk Pudding. It is the most easiest dessert to prepare.
This mesmerizing and super delectable kheer is prepared with freshly prepared home-made cottage cheese and milk, sweetened with sugar, flavoured with cardamom powder, sprinkled with rose water and garnished with slivered nuts and edible dried rose petals. Here's an amazing Paneer ki Kheer recipe by Culinary Expert and Blogger Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji. Take a look!
Paneer Ki Kheer
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Photo Credit: Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji
- Milk, full-cream- 1 litre
- Paneer, homemade fresh cottage cheese, crumbled-3/4th cup
- Saffron, broiled- 1 gm.
- Sugar- 1/4th cup
- Green Cardamom Powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Rose water- 1 tsp.
For the Garnish:
- Almond, slivered- 2 tsp
- Pistachio nuts, slivered- 2 tsp
- Silver leaf (Chandi ka Varq) - 1 sheet (Optional)
- Rose petals, edible and dried-1 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat milk, bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally till it reaches half of its volume / quantity.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder, sugar and crumbled paneer / cottage cheese.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes. Switch off the flame add rose water and mix.
- Transfer in the serving bowls, garnish with almonds, pistachio nuts, silver leaf and dried edible rose petals.
- Serve hot or chilled as desired.
1. You may add homemade soft baby Rasgullas to the kheer.
2. Homemade paneer is made with the addition of lemon juice to milk, the whey is separated and the milk solids that is cottage cheese needs to be washed under running water to remove the effect and flavor of lemon juice, so that the kheer does not curdle.