How to make Microwave Kheer
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Microwave Kheer Recipe: No Indian festival or special occasion is complete without a sweet treat to relish! Here is a delectable rice kheer made in a microwave and topped with saffron strands.
Ingredients of Microwave Kheer
- 1/2 Cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tsp sugar
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron strands (to garnish)
How to Make Microwave Kheer
- 1.In a large microwavable bowl, add rice and water and cook on full power for 10 minutes till rice is cooked.
- 2.Drain excess water and pour in the milk and sugar. Stir well.
- 3.Pop it back in the microwave and cook for a total of 8 minutes, stirring after every 2 minutes.
- 4.This helps dissolve the sugar better and makes sure the milk doesn't spill over.
- 5.Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- 6.Garnish with saffron strands and serve.
Key Ingredients: rice, water, milk, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron strands (to garnish)