There are certain combinations that seem to be made in foodie heaven. Cheese and garlic are one of them. From pasta and pizzas to dips and snacks, this flavourful duo can be savoured in many ways. But if you want a quick way to lose yourself in its yumminess, opt for a simple cheesy garlic toast. This cheese toast can be made with any type of bread and the usual type of cheese most of us have in our kitchens. You don't even need a microwave or oven for this recipe - a tawa or pan will do just fine. You can also experiment with seasonings and toppings according to your taste.
Also Read: Want To Try Garlic Bread With A Twist? Take A Look At These Special Toppings
What Is The Difference Between Garlic Bread And Garlic Toast?
Garlic bread contains an inherent garlic flavour, which has been introduced during the making of the dough itself. Garlic toast can refer to two things. Firstly, it can mean garlic bread that has been toasted using a pan, oven, or toaster. Secondly, it can refer to any toasted bread that has later been flavoured with garlic in the form of some topping. In the cheesy garlic toast below, we use plain bread slices and spread chopped garlic on top during the preparation. Thus, you don't necessarily need to have garlic bread to make this simple cheese toast.
What Do You Eat Cheese Garlic Toast With?
Cheese garlic toast is a lip-smacking treat in itself. Whether you want a cheat dish for breakfast, a quick cheesy snack, or a midnight binge, this garlic cheese toast will not let you down. But you can also enjoy it as a side dish along with other foods. For instance, it can add a hint of indulgence when eaten with soups, salads, and certain rice dishes. If you have made light or no-cheese pasta, you can also serve this toast with it.
Also Read: How To Make Restaurant-Style Cheese-Stuffed Garlic Bread In Pressure Cooker
How To Make Garlic Cheese Toast On Tawa | Quick And Easy Recipe For Homemade Cheesy Garlic Toast
1. Combine butter, chopped garlic, and seasonings of your choice in a bowl. Chilli flakes, oregano, basil, and other dried herbs are especially recommended.
2. Heat a tawa or pan and lightly toast one side of the bread slices. Turn them over and then spread butter on the tawa, around them. The heat must be on low flame.
3. Top the slices with the seasoned garlic butter, followed by grated cheese or cut cheese slices.
4. Sprinkle the slices with black pepper and cover the tawa/pan carefully. Ensure that the cover doesn't touch the toppings.
5. Keep the heat on the lowest setting and cook until the cheese melts well. Enjoy hot.
The next time you're craving something cheesy, make this toast and let us know how you like it!
Also Read: Feeling Hungry? Try This 10 Minutes Cheese Chilli Toast Now
About Toshita SahniToshita is fuelled by wordplay, wanderlust, wonderment and Alliteration. When she is not blissfully contemplating her next meal, she enjoys reading novels and roaming around the city.