Think kebabs, and our mind is filled with all things meaty and delightful. And traditionally speaking, kebabs are meant to be made with meat and a host of spices. However, over the years, kebabs have also been re-imagined and reinvented in many ways. There are umpteen vegetarian variety of kebabs in the market that can instantly make us drool. If you have had Uncultured Cafe's vegetarian seekh kebabs, you would know exactly what we are talking about.
(Also Read: This Moong Dal Paratha Is The Yummiest Way To Kickstart Your Morning)
Watch Recipe Video Of Veg Seekh Kebabs:
The cafe has mastered the art of flavours and balance with this recipe, and we have managed to dig the recipe out for you all! Yes, you heard us! Now, recreate the restaurant-style charm at home with this fool-proof recipe that may appease both meat-eaters and non-meat-eaters.
(Also Read: Chicken Recipe Tips: How To Make Restaurant-Style Chicken Shami Kebabs At Home (Video Inside)
To make this recipe you would need a couple of easily available ingredients like besan, mix-vegetables of your choice, coriander leaves, mint leaves and jeera. You have to use all the ingredients to make a fine kebab mix.
How To Make Kebab Mix:
- To make the kebab mix at home, heat oil and saute jeera, onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli, besan, mix vegetables and grind coarsely with coriander leaves, mint leaves and chopped cashews.
- Then add in boiled potato, spices, salt and lemon juice. Add bread crumbs and mix well.Until you get a paste-like consistency. Make sure it is not too sticky.
Here is the written recipe of the veg seekh kebab. It takes 30 minutes to prepare and serves two.
- 500gm Kebab mix
- Oil to grease
1. Make a ball of the kebab mix and insert into skewer and give shape.
2. Roast the kebabs on hot tawa or tandoor greased with oil.
3. Rotate in between making sure all sides are roasted evenly.
4. Finally, serve veg seekh kebab along with green chutney.