No matter how amazing you are at making tea, you know there would be someone on the table who would ask for a snack or two to munch on. 'Chai time' in India is often deemed incomplete without something fried or crispy. From samosas to vadas to kachoris, there are options galore to pick and choose from, but a little mix and match never hurt anyone. This atta veg roll tikki recipe by food vlogger Parul, look like crispy Swiss rolls, and are quite healthy too.
To make this recipe, you would need to:
1. Take some atta in a bowl, followed by sooji (optional).
2. Add salt and oil to bind the dough, followed by baking soda.
3. Mix everything well together in a semi-soft dough, add water accordingly.
4. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
5. For the stuffing you can use whichever veggies you want. The recipe uses capsicum, carrots, onions, cauliflower and peas.
6. Take all the veggies in a bowl, add chopped coriander leaves, chopped garlic and ginger. Mix everything well.
7. Add chat masala, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes and salt.
8. Check the dough, divide in two sections.
9. Roll thick, cut edges of the dough.
10. Spread the veggies on the dough you have just rolled. Use spatula to even out the veggies. Roll it up to form a log.
11. Now, take a spoon and cut medium-thick roll-ups from the log.
12. Take a piece and gently press using your hand, repeat the same with other pieces too.
13. Shallow fry them, steam them, or bake at 180 degree for 6 minutes in preheated oven.
Serve them hot, and let us know how you liked this super simple recipe.
You can find the full recipe video on the YouTube channel 'Cook With Parul' with ingredients.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.