The rich aroma of garlic makes any food taste just better! One of the must-have food ingredients in almost every kitchen, garlic not only enhances the flavour for a dish but also provides us with a plethora of healthy nutrients. For the unversed, it has been used in traditional medicine for ages. You can either have it as is or add it to food in form of garlic paste, fried garlic and more. And if you happen to be a garlic-lover, then you must have heard about roasted garlic. Roasting enhances the taste of the ingredient and makes it more palatable. Alongside, it is believed to stimulate the healthy compounds.
Here Are Some Health Benefits Of Roasted Garlic:
- Roasting makes garlic easy to digest, regulating a healthy gut.
- It may help promote immunity and prevent us from common cold and flu.
- Loaded with antioxidants, garlic is dubbed to flush out toxins and helps purify the blood.
How To Roast Garlic In Oven:
A garlic head
Step 1. Peel the outer skin of the garlic head, keeping the cloves intact. Slice the top tip of the garlic.
Step 2. Take the garlic in a baking tray or pan. Add a generous amount of oil in it and sprinkle some salt.
Step 3. Cover it with a foil paper and roast it in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
How To Roast Garlic On Gas Top:
A garlic head
Step 1. Peel the outer skin and separate the garlic cloves.
Step 2. Take some mustard oil in a bowl.
Step 3. Heat the oil a bit and add the garlic cloves to it.
Step 4. Sprinkle some salt and roast it till the cloves get soft and caramelised.
How To Store Roasted Garlic:
Roasting is probably one of the best ways to preserve garlic. You can store it for 3-4 days if kept in a zip-lock bag. You can also refrigerate it in a jar, with some oil added to it. This process will help you store roasted garlic for more than a week.
How To Use Roasted Garlic In Your Meal:
- You can add it to the dips and hummus to give the recipe a kick of flavours.
- Infusing it to extra virgin olive oil may help you get garlic-oil for your salads.
- Make a paste out of the roasted garlic and add to butter to get a perfect spread for your garlic bread.
- Roasted garlic can also be used as a garnishing element for several recipes- from a simple soup to a rich and lavish chicken curry.
What are you waiting for? Roast some garlic and make your meal healthy and flavourful. Bon Apetit!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.