How to make Active Charcoal Modak
About Active Charcoal Modak Recipe: Prepare this unique recipe of charcoal modak for the Ganesh chaturthi festivities at home. Cooked in sugar syrup and laced with chopped cashews and pistachios, this is a delicious modak recipe too gorge on with family and friends.
Ingredients of Active Charcoal Modak
- For modak:
- 2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp semolina (rava/suji)
- 1/4 tsp active charcoal
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- Oil (for frying)
- For sugar syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cashews (kaju), chopped
How to Make Active Charcoal Modak
- Prepare mixture:
- 1.Take a bowl and mix the above modak ingredients with water, let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 2.Prepare oil for frying and use perforated spoon to jerk and make small globules.
- 3.Make sure it is slow cooked and deep fried, remove from the oil and place it in paper towel to remove oil. Cool down to mix it with sugar syrup.
- Prepare modak:
- 1.To the hot sugar syrup, add the above prepared modak mixture.
- 2.Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until sugar syrup thickens. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- 3.After 10 minutes, sugar syrup is completely absorbed by mixture.
- 4.Add 2 tbsp cashew and 2 tbsp pistachio. Mix well.
- 5.You can see the mixture is dried and all the sugar syrup is absorbed.
- 6.Now, prepare modak taking a small amount of mixture. Add milk if required in order to moisten the modak.
- 7.It can also be covered with coconut powder to give different texture.
- 8.Finally, modak is ready to be served or can be refrigerated for a week.
Key Ingredients: For modak:, gram flour (besan), semolina (rava/suji), active charcoal, water, Oil (for frying), sugar, water, cardamom powder, lemon juice, cashews (kaju)