How To Make Apple Crumb Pie
About Apple Crumb Pie Recipe: Who wouldn't want to dig into a warm, comforting, crunchy and mushy apple pie? This apple pie recipe is exactly that and much more!
Ingredients of Apple Crumb Pie
- 9 inch pie shell (par baked and cooled)
- 8 Golden apples (peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cinnamon crumb topping
How to Make Apple Crumb Pie
- 1.Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Place the oven rack on the middle shelf. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- 2.In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3.Peel, core and cube the apples into ½ - 1” pieces and place in a large bowl. You should end up with about 8 cups of cut apples (1000grams or 2 pounds).
- 4.Toss the apple with the sugar mixture until thoroughly coated. Place in the prepared pie pan.
- 5.Cover the apples with large clumps of the crumb mixture by pinching the crumb topping with your fingers.
- 6.Place the pie on the foil lined pan. Bake on the middle rack for 45-55 until the apples are al dente and the crumbs are toasted. At 45 minutes keep a close eye on your pie. You may need to cover it with a pie shield if it starts to brown too quickly.
- 7.Place on a cooling rack for at least an hour. This pie is great served warm. To reheat, place in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
Key Ingredients: pie shell (par baked and cooled), Golden apples (peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks), all-purpose flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon crumb topping