Story ProgressBack to home
This roti made of rice flour is a popular preparation from the Malabar region of Kerala. It goes beautifully with all types of curries and we promise you won't be able to stop at just one.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Aripathiri
- 250 gm Rice flour
- 250 gm Cooked soft rice
- Salt to taste
- Water sufficient for dough
- 30 ml Ghee
- 50 ml Coconut milk
How to Make AripathiriHideShow Media
1. In a blender grind the cooked rice with enough water to make a smooth paste.
2. Mix all the ingredients with the rice and make a hard dough.
3. Divide the dough into required size, form into balls and roll into thin circles.
4. Heat a griddle and cook each aripathiri using little ghee.
5. When the aripathiri is cooked on both sides, lightly brush with coconut milk and serve hot.