Aubergine Chermoula Sauce Recipe
Chermoula is a marinade or sauce that forms the basis of many Moroccan dishes. This version is made with eggplant, basil, dried herbs and lime can be used as a great dip.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 05 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 50 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Aubergine Chermoula Sauce
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste
- 4 garlic, smashed
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, fresh
- 1/2 tsp thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp basil
How to Make Aubergine Chermoula SauceHideShow Media
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degree f, arrange oven that has low and high rack in the oven.
2.Cut a shallow slit along the side of the eggplant. And place into a baking dish.
3. Roast in preheat oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes. Move dish to higher rack and continue baking until the skin is charred. About 5 minutes more. Let eggplant cool until cool enough to handle.
4. Peal and discard skin from eggplant. Put eggplant into a bowl add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, mint leaf chopped, rosemary, thyme, green chilly, and salt
5. Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed drizzle olive oil over the B&B Aubergine charmoula sauce and garnish with parsley.