How To Make Batica
About Batica Recipe: A delicious sweet treat made with the goodness of coconut and semolina, flavoured with nutmeg, sugar and a pinch of salt! Simple, fuss-free and irresistible!
Ingredients of Batica
- 250 gms coconut, grated
- 250 gms semolina
- 300 gms sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 3/4 tbsp nutmeg powder
- 110 gms ghee
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to Make Batica
- 1.Roast the semolina in a pan for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 2.Grind the coconut with ½ cup water to get a coarse paste.
- 3.In a separate bowl, add 5 whole eggs and just the yolks of 3 eggs, to this add sugar and whisk until well combined.
- 4.Add ghee, coconut, nutmeg powder and salt, mix well.
- 5.Lastly, add semolina and mix well. Cover the batter and let it rest for 8 hours.
- 6.Prepare a baking tin, add the baking powder and mix well.
- 7.Bake at 160°C for 1 hour or until a toothpick when inserted in, comes out clean.
Key Ingredients: coconut, semolina, sugar, Eggs, nutmeg powder, ghee, salt, baking powder