How to make BBQ (Barley, Beets, Quinoa)
About BBQ (Barley, Beets, Quinoa) Recipe: A perfect vegan snack recipe with the goodness of quinoa, baby beet, barley and apples. This delicious BBQ dish is all you need to satiate those hunger pangs with.
Ingredients of BBQ (Barley, Beets, Quinoa)
- 50 gms white barley
- 35 gms quinoa
- 75 gms baby beet
- 40 gms apple
- 50 gms baby arugula
- 1 lemon
- 2 gms dijon mustard
- 2 gms pommery mustard
- A pinch of sea salt
- to taste black mustard
- 20 gms assorted microgreens
How to Make BBQ (Barley, Beets, Quinoa)
- 1.Make the dressing with lemon juice, dijon, pommery, salt and pepper and keep aside.
- 2.Soak barley a day in advance and boil for 20 mins drain and chill.
- 3.Boil quinoa for 20 mins check for doneness and strain.
- 4.Boil baby beets, peel and chill in refrigerator.
- 5.Slice the apples just before combining with vinaigrette.
- 6.For plating wash the arugula in chilled water so that the leaves become crisp.
- 7.Place the arugula on the plate so as to form bed for the salad, lightly toss the remaining ingredients with vinaigrette, check for seasoning and place on bed of arugula.
- 8.Garnish with micro greens and serve.
Key Ingredients: white barley, quinoa, baby beet, apple, baby arugula, lemon, dijon mustard, pommery mustard, sea salt, black mustard, assorted microgreens