How to make Beet and Arbi Falafal with Homemade Pickles
About Beet and Arbi Falafal with Homemade Pickles Recipe: Enjoy one the most popular Lebanese wraps, Falafel with Pita with this easy recipe. Falafel made with distinctive flavors of beetroot and arbi, served with some home-made pita and pickles.
Ingredients of Beet and Arbi Falafal with Homemade Pickles
- For Pita Bread:
- 125 gms flour
- 2 gms salt
- 2 gms yeast
- 5 gms sugar
- 5 ml oil
- 20 ml water
- 1 tsp za'atar spice
- For the Beetroot and Arbi Falafel:
- 30 gms beetroot, roasted
- 70 gms chick pea (soaked and cooked)
- 30 gms arbi (cooked)
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- to taste Salt and pepper
- For Homemade Pickles:
- 60 gms radish, sliced
- 60 gms cucumbers, sliced
- 60 gms carrots, sliced
- 60 gms green papaya
- Pickling Juice:
- 100 ml sugar
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Jalapenos (whole)
- 1/2 cup water from jalapenos
How to Make Beet and Arbi Falafal with Homemade Pickles
- Prepare the Falafel:
- 1.To bake the beetroot season a whole beetroot with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 2.Wrap In aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 3.Blend all the ingredients in to a stiff dough, shape into small balls and deep fry.
- 4.Prepare the Pita Bread:
- 5.Mix all the ingredients to make a semi soft dough, let it rest for 45 minutes or till it doubles in size.
- 6.Once its size has doubled knead it till soft. Divide into half and role into a flat disk or any shape you like.
- 7.Put it on the grill till golden brown, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with zataar spice or bake in the pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 7-10 minutes.
- Prepare Homemade Pickles:
- 1.In a sauce pan add all the ingredients of the pickling juice and bring it to a boil.
- 2.Next, add the vegetables and mix well.
- 3.Take the pan off the fire and let the vegetables soak in the hot juices.
- 4.Serve the falafel and pita with some plum and green apple yogurt.
Key Ingredients: flour, salt, yeast, sugar, oil, water, za'atar spice, beetroot, chick pea (soaked and cooked), arbi (cooked), green chilli, cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, baking soda, gram flour, Salt and pepper , radish, cucumbers, carrots, green papaya, Pickling Juice:, sugar, white wine vinegar, salt, coriander seeds, Bay leaves, Jalapenos (whole), water from jalapenos