How To Make Bengali-Style Khichuri (Khichdi)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Bengali-Style Khichuri (Khichdi) Recipe: Comforting, quick, easy and irresistibly delicious, this Bengali-style khichdi is a must-try for your next meal.
Ingredients of Bengali-Style Khichuri (Khichdi)
- 1 Cup gobindobhog rice
- 1/2 cup dry roasted moong dal
- 2 Potatoes, large cubes
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Whole dry red chillies
- 1-2 Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Green cardamoms
- 3-4 Cloves
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp jeera powder , roasted
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt and sugar
- 4 tbsp ghee
How to Make Bengali-Style Khichuri (Khichdi)
- 1.Take the rice and roasted dal in a container and clean them well in running water. Keep them aside to drain the excess water.
- 2.Heat ghee in a kadhai and add bay leaf, red chilli, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom one by one and let them temper.
- 3.Now, add the potatoes, cauliflower and peas and fry. Add the ginger paste and tomato to it and fry well.
- 4.Add the dal-rice mix and green chillies and mix everything together. Also add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to it. Fry the whole mix for 4-5 minutes.
- 5.Now, put the gas on medium flame and add 2 cups of water to it and close the lid. Let it take its time to cook.
- 6.Once the water is soaked and the dal and rice turn fluffy and soft, add the roasted jeera powder and mix.
- 7.Garnish it will a spoonful of ghee and serve.
Key Ingredients: gobindobhog rice, dry roasted moong dal , Potatoes, large cubes , cauliflower, peas , tomato, Bay leaf , Whole dry red chillies , Cinnamon stick , Green cardamoms , Cloves , ginger paste , jeera powder , Green chillies, slit, turmeric powder , salt and sugar, ghee