How to make Blueberry Mille Feuille
About Blueberry Mille Feuille Recipe: An exquisite dessert blueberry dessert recipe from the kitchens of Taj. Mille feuille is a French shortcake made with flour, sugar, eggs and butter. Here is one that comes with a blueberry compote with white chocolate and whipped cream on top. A true blue brunch or high tea dessert to prepare at home.
Ingredients of Blueberry Mille Feuille
- For shortcake base:
- 400 gms refined flour
- 200 gms castor sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 300 gms butter
- For blueberry cream:
- 200 gms fresh cream
- 300 gms white chocolate
- blueberry compote (as required)
- 400 gms whipped cream
How to Make Blueberry Mille Feuille
- Prepare shortcake base:
- 1.Cream the butter and sugar well until it becomes soft and light in texture.
- 2.Add in the eggs, one at a time. Beat well until creamy.
- 3.Fold in the flour gently.
- 4.Refrigerate the shortcake paste for one hour.
- 5.Line individual tart bases with the shortcake paste. Poke the base with a fork and bake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven in 180°c.
- Prepare blueberry cream:
- 1.Heat fresh cream in a saucepan.
- 2.Remove from the stove and add white chocolate. Mix until the chocolate melts into the cream.
- 3.Fold in the whipped cream gently.
- 4.Add the blueberry compote, mix gently and leave it to cool.
- To serve:
- 1.Place one shortcake base on a plate. Pipe the blueberry cream on it.
- 2.Repeat the process.
- 3.Garnish the mille feuille with more blueberry cream, shards of chocolate and fresh strawberry compote.
Key Ingredients: refined flour, castor sugar, Eggs, butter, fresh cream, white chocolate, blueberry compote (as required), whipped cream