How To Make Bolo De Rulao (Semolina Cake)
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Bolo De Rulao (Semolina Cake) Recipe: Bolo de Rulao is a coconut and semolina cake which is also called Bolo de Batica.This is a Goan cake recipe. In Portuguese language 'bolo' means cake.
Ingredients of Bolo De Rulao (Semolina Cake)
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, powdered
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 2 cup semolina (soojee)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rose/almond essence
- 9 inch round cake tin lined with butter paper or greased and dusted with flour.
How to Make Bolo De Rulao (Semolina Cake)
- 1.Mix the coconut, semolina, baking powder and salt and keep aside. Mix butter and sugar till fluffy.
- 2.Add the egg yolks to the mixture and beat again. Fold in the semolina mixture (add a little milk in case too stiff). It should be like a thick batter.
- 3.Add the essence. Beat egg whites stiff and fold into the mixture.
- 4.Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin. Leave refrigerated, overnight.
- 5.Bake in a pre-heated oven (180 C-375 F) for about 35 minutes or tilll brown and cooked through.
Key Ingredients: butter, sugar, powdered, Eggs, separated, coconut, semolina (soojee), baking powder, salt, rose/almond essence,