Butter Fried Scampi Recipe
Prawns flavoured with a homemade spice paste and baked in butter with a generous squeeze of lime.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 05 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
Ingredients of Butter Fried Scampi
- For berry burry masala:
- 2 onions julienned
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Salt to flavor
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 50 ml oil
- For the butter fried scampi:
- 4 tiger prawns
- Berry berry masala
- 4 dollop of butter
- 1 lemon squeezed
- Handful coriander leaves chopped
How to Make Butter Fried ScampiHideShow Media
For berry burry masala:
1. Add onion and garlic to a pre-heated pan. Then add red chillies, cinnamon, cumin, pepper corns, coriander seeds, star anise, cloves & fennel seeds and saute the spices.
2. Add salt and roast it all together.
3. Transfer the mixture into a blender and add turmeric & chili powder
4. Drizzle red wine vinegar, sugar and 3 Tbsp of oil and grind it all together.
5. Take out the paste in a bowl.
For butter fried scampi:
1. Cut the tiger prawns from the middle and take out the tail end.
2. Cut the back shell, remove the intestine and expose the flesh.
3. Flavour the prawns with berry burry masala and place in an oven dish.
4. Add butter and squeeze half a lemon.
5. Cook it away for 7-8 minutes on 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven.
6. Take it out and garnish with some chopped coriander.