How To Make Butter Paneer Masala
About Butter Paneer Masala Recipe: A vegetarian delight, comforting paneer curry imbued with simple spices. Paneer morsels immersed in the tomato gravy, finished with dollop of butter and nut, butter paneer masala makes for a delicious lunch or dinner option.
Ingredients of Butter Paneer Masala
- 200 gms paneer
- For the marinade:
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp grouns cumin
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 100 gms yogurt
- For the curry:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green chilli, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground fenugreek
- 5 medium tomato, pureed
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp honey
- to taste salt and pepper
- 25 gms butter
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
How to Make Butter Paneer Masala
- 1.In a medium bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients with some seasoning.
- 2.Cut the paneer into bite-sized cubes and toss with the marinade.
- 3.Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 4.Roast the marinated paneer in oven at 180 C for 15 minutes and keep aside.
- 5.In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil. Add the cumin, onion, garlic, green chilli, ginger and some seasoning.
- 6.Fry on a medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until soft.
- 7.Add the spices with the tomato purée, cook for a further 15 minutes until fragrant and then add the water.
- 8.Cook for another 15-20 minutes on low heat. Add the paneer to the gravy.
- 9.Simmer for 10 minutes, add honey and adjust the seasoning.
- 10.Top with a dollop of butter and fresh coriander.
- 11.Serve with rice, green salad and lime wedges.
Key Ingredients: paneer, Lemon (juiced), grouns cumin, red chilli powder, yogurt, vegetable oil, cumin, onion, garlic cloves, green chilli, thumb-sized ginger, garam masala, ground fenugreek, tomato, water, honey, salt and pepper, butter, fresh coriander