How to make Cajun Spiced Turkey Wrapped With Bacon
About Cajun Spiced Turkey Wrapped With Bacon: A perfect Christmas feast! Bacon wrapped turkey breast laced with flavourful spices all over and baked to perfection, this turkey dish has special, homemade Cajun spice powder made with a melange of black pepper, paprika, cayenne powder, etc that gives us a spicy, mouth-watering flavour.
Ingredients of Cajun Spiced Turkey Wrapped With Bacon
- 1 Large turkey breast
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 1 cup spinach leaves (cooked and drained), chopped
- 5 garlic pods, chopped
- 10 gms salted butter
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 12 bacon strips
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- For cajun spice:
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy))
How to Make Cajun Spiced Turkey Wrapped With Bacon
- 1.For cajun spice, mix all the ingredients together, run it through the blender if you like it fine. Store in an air tight jar.
- Prepare Turkey:
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2.Melt the butter in a pan add garlic and put the chopped spinach and sauté for 2 minutes and cool it.
- 3.Slice turkey breast down the middle and lay it flat.
- 4.Sprinkle Cajun spice, salt, and pepper on the inside of turkey.
- 5.Spread the spinach evenly and put the crumbled feta cheese in the centre.
- 6.Fold the other turkey breast half over the feta layer so the filling is sealed. Wrap the entire turkey breast with bacon.
- 7.Place wrapped turkey in a baking dish and season once more with cajun spice.
- 8.Cook turkey breast until no longer pink in the centre and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
- 9.Cook the wrapped turkey until bacon is crisp on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Let turkey rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 10.You can also cover with an aluminium foil and do the cooking as aluminium foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly.
- 11.Slice and serve garnished with fresh parsley leaves.
Key Ingredients: turkey breast, cajun spice, spinach leaves (cooked and drained), garlic pods, salted butter, feta cheese, bacon strips, ground black pepper, For cajun spice:, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, paprika, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy))