How to make Carrot Soup with Middle Eastern Spices
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Beautiful spices come together to create this warm carrot and rice soup.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup with Middle Eastern Spices
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder (toasted)
- 250 Gram Carrots, sliced
- A pinch of Saffron
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 30 Gram Rice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Few sprigs Parsley
- Few sprigs Coriander
- 1/2 Litre Vegetable stock
- A pinch of All spice
- 1 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
How to Make Carrot Soup with Middle Eastern Spices
- 1.In a heavy bottomed pan, heat up some olive oil.
- 2.Add the onions, garlic and sweat for 3 minutes.
- 3.Add the carrots, paprika, all spice and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 4.Add the stock and cook on a simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5.Add the rice and cook until the rice and carrots are cooked.
- 6.Using a slotted spoon, remove some of the rice and reserve it as a garnish after the soup has been finished.
- 7.Add the lemon juice, mint and coriander.
- 8.Blend the smooth puree, garnish with rice, mint, coriander, and a dollop of yoghurt.
Olive oil, Onion
, Garlic cloves, Cumin powder (toasted), Carrots, Saffron
, Coriander, Vegetable stock, All spice, Yogurt