Story ProgressBack to home
Cashew, Pineapple, Sweet Potato and Urrak Soup Recipe
Cashew, Pineapple, Sweet Potato and Urrak Soup: This cold soup brings together some of Goa's favourite ingredients including the omnipresent cashew and is perfect for a hot summer's afternoon.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Cashew, Pineapple, Sweet Potato and Urrak Soup
- 30 gm butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 150 gm cashews
- 150 gm pineapple (peeled, eyes removed and cut into chunks)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml urrak (you can substitute this with vodka)
- 150 gm fresh cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
How to Make Cashew, Pineapple, Sweet Potato and Urrak SoupHideShow Media
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, stirring it often. Add garlic and sauté for an additional two minutes.
2. Add pineapple, potatoes, vegetable stock, urrak, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
3. Process it in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain and chill. Serve cold, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.