How to make Checkerboard Cookies
About Checkerboard Cookies Recipe: Cookies as beautiful as your chess board! These delicious checkerboard cookies, made completely eggless, are soft and crunchy at the same time. Made with the goodness of caramel, vanilla and butter, you can serve these to your guests along with a cup of hot tea.
Ingredients of Checkerboard Cookies
- 2000 gms Refined flour (maida)
- 1000 gms Sugar
- 1000 gms Butter
- 50 gms Milk powder
- 10 gms Baking powder
- 20 gms Vanilla powder
- 20 gms Glucose powder
- 10 gms Caramel colour
How to Make Checkerboard Cookies
- 1.Sieve flour, baking, vanilla, glucose and milk powder together.
- 2.Cream butter and sugar well and fold in the flour.
- 3.Divide the dough in half, with one half in color and another with caramel.
- 4.Divide each dough in half, shape as a square log, cling wrap and chill it for an hour.
- 5.Remove from fridge, wet the dough slightly and lay one colored dough beside one plain dough and stick them together.
- 6.Place the remaining plain dough above the colored and the colored dough above the base plain dough.
- 7.You should have alternate colors similar to that seen on a chess board. Chill the dough for half an hour to set.
Refined flour (maida), Sugar
, Milk powder, Baking powder, Vanilla powder, Glucose powder, Caramel colour