Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Chhanar Bora or Chenna fritters is a bengali style recipe which is made from cheese curd. You can either have as it is or add it like kofta in a mildly spiced tomato-cumin-ginger curry.
Ingredients of Chhanar Bora (Bengali-Style Chenna Fritters)
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Maida
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Oil to deep fry
How to Make Chhanar Bora (Bengali-Style Chenna Fritters)
- 1.Boil the milk once and switch off the flame.
- 2.Add vinegar and stir the milk to curdle.
- 3.Strain the water and transfer the chhena in a mixing bowl.
- 4.Add maida, salt, sugar and red chilli to it and mix into a soft and moist dough.
- 5.Cut small roundels from the dough and give it an oval, almost-flat shape.
- 6.Heat refined oil in a pan and deep fry until the fritters turn golden brown in colour.
Milk , Vinegar
, Maida, Salt
, Red chilli powder, Oil to deep fry