Chholia Chawal Recipe
A easy to make rice preparation with hare chane. It is quick to make and divine to taste.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Chholia Chawal
- 2 cups (360 g) rice, soaked in water for an hour at least
- 2 cups hara channa
- 1 Tbsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/4 tsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 2 Tbsp powdered dhania (coriander seeds)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric)
- 2 Tbsp (30 gms) ghee (clarified butter)
How to Make Chholia ChawalHideShow Media
In a heavy based pan, heat the ghee and then add the jeera and the heeng.
When the seeds splutter, add the channa and the drained out rice, along with the dhania powder, garam masala, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder, and stir a few times, till well mixed.
Add 4 cups water, and bring to a boil uncovered. After it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cover.
The rice should be done in 10 mins. Serve hot accompanied with yogurt.