How to make Microwave Chicken Biryani
About Microwave Chicken Biryani Recipe: Tender chicken microwaved with hot rice makes for a scrumptious pairing.
Ingredients of Microwave Chicken Biryani
- 1 Chicken broiler (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 tsp onions, grated
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup tomato, grated
- 1/2 cup hung yogurt
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp biryani masala
- 1/2 tsp vetiver
- 3/4 cup browned onion slices
- For the rice:
- 2 cup rice (washed and soaked)
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (broken)
- 4 Green cardamoms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups hot water
- Saffron or color mixed in 1/2 cup warm milk
How to Make Microwave Chicken Biryani
- 1.Heat the oil in a dish, add onions, cumin and ginger-garlic pastes.
- 2.Cook uncovered at HI for 6 minutes.
- 3.Add the garam masala, coriander and chilli powders, turmeric, salt and tomato.
- 4.Mix well and cook covered at HI for 15 minutes stirring once.
- 5.Mix in the chicken and cook covered at HI for 5 minutes.
- 6.Stir and cook covered at 70% for 15 minutes stirring once. It should be cooked through by now.
- 7.Mix in 1/2 cup of the browned onions, yoghurt, coriander, biryani masala and the vetiver.
- To prepare the Rice:
- 1.Mix in the oil, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamoms and cook at HI for 7 minutes and then at 70% for 7 minutes. Add the rice, water and salt, mix well and cook at HI for 7 minutes and then at 70% for 7 minutes. then at 70% for 7 minutes.
- To Serve:
- 1.Put the chicken layer at the bottom of the dish.
- 2.Cover with rice and sprinkle with milk mixture over the rice.
- 3.Cover and cook at 70% for 10 minutes.
- 4.Mix to break up the layers and serve hot, garnished with the remaining browned onions.
Key Ingredients: Chicken broiler (cut into 8 pieces), onions, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin seeds, garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, tomato, hung yogurt, coriander leaves, biryani masala, vetiver, browned onion slices, rice (washed and soaked), oil, Cloves, Peppercorns, cinnamon (broken), Green cardamoms, salt, hot water, Saffron or color mixed in 1/2 cup warm milk