How to make Chicken Dum Biryani
About Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe: A classic Mughalai dish, Biryani is an aromatic delight loved by all. This dum biryani recipe is a sumptuous chicken biryani that is cooked with utmost precision that you are bound to make this dish again and again to relish the delicate flavours. A quick and easy home made biryani is something you cannot escape.Ingredients in Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
: Cooked in dum style, this chicken biryani is infused in saffron milk and cooked in spices such as cardamom, clove, cinnamon and mace. Serve this biryani with some spicy salan and you'l have a delectable treat for lunch or dinner!
Ingredients of Chicken Dum Biryani
- 500 Gram chicken legs
- For the marinade:
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger garllic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pwoder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- For the rice:
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 5 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 mace
- 2 black cardamom
- 5 black peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup rice (long grain, washed basmati rice)
- For the finishing:
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fried onion
- 3 almonds, chopped
How to Make Chicken Dum Biryani
- 1.First mix the saffron in half a cup of milk and keep aside.
- 2.Now in a bowl, add all the marination ingredients and coat the chicken pieces well with it. Let it marinate for about 4 hours.
- 3.Now to prepare the rice, put all the ingredients given except saffron and milk, in warm water along with washed rice.
- 4.Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 5.Heat some ghee in a pan and add all the marinated chicken followed by cooked rice in it. Top with saffron milk, coriander leaves, fried onion and chopped almonds. Mix well.
- 6.Let it cook on a low heat (on dum, in it's own heat) covered with foil for about 20-30 minutes (till the water evaporates and chicken and rice are fully cooked).
- 7.Open the dum when cooked, mix the rice well. You can drizzle with some rose water and serve hot.
Calories: 2820.23 Kcal 0Calcium: 684.53 MgIron: 10.9 MgSodium: 7444.17 Mg
Check seasoning before adding rice after which you would not be able to adjust it.
Key Ingredients: chicken legs, red chilli powder, ginger garllic paste, yogurt, turmeric pwoder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, saffron, milk, water, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, mace, black cardamom, black peppercorn, salt, rice (long grain, washed basmati rice), ghee , coriander leaves, fried onion, almonds