Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
A great snack for a get together. You can make a vegetarian version by with mushrooms instead of chicken. Quesadillas are tortillas that originated in Mexico. Serve this with salsa sauce to enhance your taste buds.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 packet tortillas (golden crust makes great ones)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 gm chicken, boiled and shredded (you can substitute with 1 cup mushrooms, sliced fine)
- 1 bowl hung yogurt
- 2 tsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp spring onion, chopped fine
- 2 green chillies, finely cut or 2-3 jalapeno peppers, cut
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped fine
- Sour cream (hung yoghurt whisked with lemon juice)
- For taco powder (mix together):
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A pinch of onion salt
- A pinch of oregano
How to Make Chicken QuesadillasHideShow Media
1. Place all ingredients together.
2. Boil chicken and shred. Sprinkle the taco powder over the chicken.
3. Whisk the coriander, spring onion and chillies into the hung yogurt. Season with salt.
4. Open a flour tortilla and layer with the yogurt mix. Add a little cheeses and top with chicken or mushrooms cooked in garlic and sprinkled with taco powder.
5. Sprinkle more cheese.
6. Heat very little oil and cook till light brown. Flip.
7. Take the tortilla out and cut into triangles. Serve with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce or guacamole.