How to make Chocolate Blueberry Torte
About Chocolate Blueberry Torte Recipe: A decadent chocolate cake with blueberry and cocoa that can be a perfect sweet treat to prepare for your next dinner party at home.
Ingredients of Chocolate Blueberry Torte
- 200 gms bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 200 gms unsalted butter, chopped
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 1 1/2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- 200 gms granulated sugar
- 100 gms almond flour/ground almonds
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 200 gms blueberry jam
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
How to Make Chocolate Blueberry Torte
- 1.Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch/20cm (or a 9-inch/23 cm) springform pan. Wrap the outside bottom and sides of the pan with aluminium foil to prevent leaking.
- 2.Place chocolate and butter in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 20 to 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Alternatively, you can set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl and stir occasionally until melted. Set aside.
- 3.In a large bowl, place egg yolks and ½ cup (100g) sugar, and whisk by hand for a minute until pale and thick. Stir in chocolate mixture, brandy, almonds, blueberry jam and salt.
- 4.In a mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk eggs and the remaining ½ cup of sugar on high speed until thick, shiny, soft peaks form.
- 5.Using a spatula, fold one-third of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until mixed. Fold in the remaining mixture in 2 additions until combined.
- 6.Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre, comes out with moist crumbs. The cake should be set on the sides but still wobbly in the centre.
- 7.Allow to cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours until completely set.
- 8.Sift cocoa powder over the cake before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 9.Keep the cake well wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It also freezes well.
Key Ingredients: bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, unsalted butter, Eggs (separated), brandy (optional), granulated sugar, almond flour/ground almonds, salt, blueberry jam, Cocoa powder (for dusting)