Story ProgressBack to home
Rich Chocolate Brownie Recipe
How to make Rich Chocolate Brownie
Savour the richness of chocolate brownies majestically blended in royalty. These brownies are frosted with a delicious chocolate frosting and taste utterly divine.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
- Prep Time 45 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Rich Chocolate Brownie
- 8 ounces (227gm) Dark Chocolate chips (chopped)
- 1/2 cup (113gm) Unsalted butter, plus extra for the baking pan
- 1 tbsp Whisky
- 1/4 cup (70gm) All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1.2gm) Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (4gm) Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (28gm) Unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 3/4 cup (150gm) Organic granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs (lightly beaten and at room temperature)
- 125 gram Egg yolk (lightly beaten and at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (100gms) Coarsely chopped or broken toasted walnuts
- 1 Baking pan (9- x 9-inch) - buttered and lined with parchment paper
How to Make Rich Chocolate BrownieHideShow Media
For brownies: Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees.
Prepare a square dish or a similar for non-stick. You can use large parchment paper.
On the parchment paper, sift the cocoa and flour and then Set them aside.
Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, and whisk to combine. You can also use a double boiler - Remove from the heat and allow for cooling before whisking in the whisky. Set aside.
Beat the eggs, sugar, and salt until yellow, in a mixer.
Combine the sugar and water in a bowl using an electric mixer. Mix until the mixture is very thick. Mix in the melted butter and chocolate. Add vanilla and flour and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, mix sugar and cocoa, add them to the mixed ingredients.
In a prepped and preheated square pan, bake for 25-30 minutes at 320 degrees.
To check if the cake is done, use the toothpick test. When the cake is ready, the toothpick put in the middle comes out clean.
For frosting: Get the frosting ready. Butter and chocolate should be melted together and thoroughly blended. - Whisk until very smooth.
Mix the powdered sugar, half-and-half, vanilla, and add whisky in a medium bowl.
Add the melted butter and chocolate and beat until smooth.
Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies.
For Storage: These brownies will keep for up to a week in an airtight container or up to three months in the freezer. Additionally, because of the whipped cream icing on these brownies, it is best to store them in the refrigerator in a single layer. Before serving, allow the brownies to come to room temperature.