How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
About Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe: Soft, fluffy and simply delicious, chocolate chip cookies are a delight to munch on. Here's a simple recipe to bake irresistible cookies at home!
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ cup/ 1 stick plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or high quality chocolate chunks from a bar
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2.In a stand mixer with the paddle, cream the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- 3.Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and continue beating until light and fluffy, 2 to 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl again.
- 4.Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- 5.Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Be sure not to over-mix.
- 6.Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold the chocolate chunks with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- 7.Use one ounce cookie scoop to portion the dough into 24 balls. Place on a baking sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes and upto 24 hours.
- 8.When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 9.Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Arrange 12 cookies evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Gently press the dough balls to flatten slightly.
- 10.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes of until lightly golden brown. Let the coookies sit on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Key Ingredients: all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter at room temperature, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, Eggs, vanilla extract, semi sweet chocolate chips or high quality chocolate chunks from a bar