How To Make Christmas Gluhwein
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Christmas Gluhwein Recipe: Enjoy the Christmas festivites with this simple and delicious recipe of Christmas gluhwien or mulled wine!
Ingredients of Christmas Gluhwein
- 1 Orange
- 200 gms castor sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 6-7 Star anise
- 2 bottles of wine
- 1 Lemon
How to Make Christmas Gluhwein
- 1.Put caster sugar in a pan. Peel the orange and add the peel in to the pan along with lemon peel. When peeling, make sure you take the pith out else it will be bitter.
- 2.Now squeeze rest of the orange juice in the pan.
- 3.Now scrape out the seeds from nanilla pod and add it as well. Add cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise.
- 4.Add half bottle of red wine and simmer it until the sugar dissolves and bring it to the boil to create a syrup like texture.
- 5.Now add rest of the 1 and half bottles of red wine, simmer it for about 5-6 minutes. You could drink it like that or add about 100ml of spiced rum or brandy. Serve and enjoy
Key Ingredients: Orange
, castor sugar, Vanilla pod, Cinnamon stick, Star anise, Cloves
, 2 bottles of wine, Lemon