How to make Christmas Pudding
About Christmas Pudding Recipe: A delightful dessert for the festive season! This pudding recipe is a packed with the goodness of crunchy nuts and dried fruits and has an aroma that spells Christmas!
Ingredients of Christmas Pudding
- 30 gms sultanas
- 40 gms raisins
- 80 gms prunes
- 50 gms black currants, apricot, dates, fig and cranberries
- 25 gms candied orange and ginger (peeled), finely chopped
- 1 apple (peeled), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp brandy
- 55 gms refined flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 110 gms veg shortening
- 110 gms brown sugar
- 110 gms bread crumbs
- 25 gms almonds
- 2 large eggs
- For rum sauce:
- 2 ounce butter
- 2 plain flour
- 1 pint milk
- 2 ounce castor sugar
- 5 tbsp brandy
How to Make Christmas Pudding
- 1.Place dried fruits,candied orange, apple,and lemon juice into a large mixing bowl.
- 2.Add brandy and mix it all together well.
- 3.Cover the bowl with muslin cloth and leave to marinate for over a night.
- 4.Stir in flour mixed spice and cinnamon together in a large bowl. add veg shortening,sugar,lemon and orange zest,breadcrumbs, nuts stir again to mix all ingredients.
- 5.Add the marinated dried fruits and mix.
- 6.Spoon the mixture into a greased pudding basin, gently pressing down with back of the spoon.
- 7.Cover with a double layer of grease proof paper, then a layer of aluminium foil and tie securely with string wrapping around the bowl again, then loop over the top and the basin around the bowl again. This will form a handle which will be useful when removing the pudding from the steamer.
- 8.Place the pudding in a steamer set over a sauce pan of simmering water and steam the pudding for 7 hours.
- 9.The pudding should be a dark brown colour when cooked.
- 10.Remove the pudding from steamer,cool completely,remove the paper, prick the pudding with skewer and pour in little brandy.
- 11.Cover with fresh grease proof paper and retie with string. Reheat and serve after couple of days.
- 12.Serve pudding with rum sauce.
- Prepare rum sauce:
- 1.Melt butter in a non-stick sauce pan over medium heat, then add flour and mix well to make a thick paste, cook for one minute.
- 2.Add slowly milk and whisk vigorously until a thick sauce is formed.
- 3.Add sugar and whisk little more, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- 4.Add the brandy whisking into smooth sauce, chill for a day.
- 5.Warm it serves with Christmas pudding.
Key Ingredients: sultanas, raisins, prunes, black currants, apricot, dates, fig and cranberries, candied orange and ginger (peeled), apple (peeled), orange zest, lemon zest, lemon juice, brandy, refined flour, cinnamon ground, veg shortening, brown sugar, bread crumbs, almonds, eggs, butter, plain flour, milk, castor sugar, brandy