How to make Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes
About Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes Recipes: Perfect snacks to go with your evening cup of piping hot tea, these lentil croquettes are easy and quick to prepare with just a few ingredients.
Ingredients of Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes
- 1 Cup red lentils or masoor dal (half-boiled)
- 1 potato (grated), boiled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 100 gms French beans, finely chopped
- 2 Bread slices
- 4 tbsp ground chickpea flour (sattu)
- 4 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic (minced)
- to taste salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp besan
- Bread crumbs for crunchyness
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Refined oil (for fryingP)
How to Make Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes
- 1.Boil lentils in pressure cooker for just about 1 pressure. Open lid after sometime and strain extra liquid.
- 2.Mash dal and set aside. Boil 1 potato and grate it. Grate 1 carrot and add finely chopped French green beans.
- 3.Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a wok and add the minced garlic and ginger. Lightly fry and add chopped onion. Then add grated potato and carrot.
- 4.Add slightly wet and mashed bread, chickpea flour, salt, sugar to taste, green chilies, red chili powder, and lastly add the mashed dal. Toss till the mixture is fully dry.
- 5.Sprinkle chat masala, garam masala and chopped coriander.
- 6.Make balls out of the dal mixture and dip in corn flour and besan.
- 7.Crispy fry and serve with any kind of dip.
- 8.Alternately these croquettes can be made round like balls and shallow fried with 2 tablespoons of oil.
Key Ingredients: red lentils or masoor dal (half-boiled), potato (grated), carrot, French beans, Bread slices, ground chickpea flour (sattu), Green chillies, ginger, onions, garlic (minced), salt, sugar, chaat masala, red chilli powder, garam masala, corn flour, besan, Bread crumbs for crunchyness, coriander, Refined oil (for fryingP)