How to make Deviled Scotch Egg
About Deviled Scotch Egg Recipe: Full boiled eggs wrapped with herbed mashed potatoes and spices and a deviled egg yolk., deviled scotch eggs are perfect starter or breakfast dish to prepare at home.
Ingredients of Deviled Scotch Egg
- 800 gms lamb mince
- 15 gms rosemary
- 15 gms thyme
- 6 large eggs (hard-boiled, shells removed)
- 150 gms all purpose flour
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 170 gms panko
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- to taste salt
- 3 gms black pepper
- For the deviling process:
- 60 gms mayonnaise
- 5 ml apple cider vinegar
- 5 gms english mustard
- 2 gms salt
- A dash of black pepper
- paprika and olive powder
How to Make Deviled Scotch Egg
- Prepare scotch eggs:
- 1.Heat peanut oil in a deep fryer to 365° F.
- 2.Cover a flat tray with large sheet of waxed paper.
- 3.Mix the mince with rosemary and thyme.
- 4.Divide the mince into six equal portions.
- 5.Flatten the mince into thin circles.
- 6.Place an egg in the center of each round. Enclose each egg completely in the mince.
- 7.Dredge the mince-coated eggs in flour.
- 8.Dip them in the raw egg and then roll them in the panko until they are entirely coated.
- 9.Fry scotch eggs two at a time for 10 minutes.
- 10.Transfer To Paper Towels And Allow To Cool To Touch.
- To Devil them:
- 1.Halve the scotch eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- 2.Mash the yolks with a fork and then place them in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- 3.Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- 4.Using a pastry bag or sandwich bag with an end snipped off.
- 5.Pipe the yolk mixture back into the scotch eggs.
- 6.Garnish with paprika and olive powder.
Key Ingredients: lamb mince, rosemary, thyme, eggs (hard-boiled, shells removed), all purpose flour, Eggs (lightly beaten), panko, Peanut oil (for frying), salt, black pepper, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, english mustard, salt, A dash of black pepper, paprika and olive powder