Ek Bar Mulled Wine Recipe
This drink is simple to make and tastes like Christmas in a glass. It's a lovely celebration of those traditional festive spices like cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. If you've got your own favorite spices, then feel free to add those to the pot too.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Ek Bar Mulled Wine
- 100g sugar
- 4 star anise
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 8 cloves
- 1 nutmeg
- 150 ml water
- 1 lemon
- 2 orange slices
- 150 ml Cointreau
- 750ml / 1 bottle light red wine
- Twist of orange zest and a star anise, to serve
How to Make Ek Bar Mulled WineHideShow Media
1. Put sugar in a pan with star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves and 150ml water. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Simmer for 2 minutess, then pour into a large jug and leave to cool. Add 1 lemon and 2 orange, both thinly sliced, to the jug along with 150ml Cointreau and a 750ml bottle light red wine. Stir well, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight if you can.
3. Serve chilled or over ice, with a twist of orange zest and a star anise. If you'd like to serve a traditional warm mulled wine, there's no need to chill - simply warm through without boiling and serve in heatproof glasses.