How to make Festive Cupcakes
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Festive Cupcakes Recipe: These little spongy cupcakes frosted with a delicious lemon icing and topped with little decorative cake dressings are perfect for a festive occasion.
Ingredients of Festive Cupcakes
- 150 gms softened butter
- 150 gms castor sugar
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 125 gms flour
- 25 gms cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 gms icing sugar
- Decorative sweets & festive decorations
How to Make Festive Cupcakes
- 1.Cream the butter and sugar well until light and fluffy.
- 2.Gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour, cocoa and baking powder sieved together.
- 3.Turn into paper cases in muffin moulds. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 10-15 minutes or until the cakes have risen well and firm to touch.
- 4.Remove from oven and cool.
- Prepare the Icing:
- 1.Whip the whites until frothy. Squeeze in lemon juice and gradually beat in icing sugar.
- 2.Add enough sugar to give a coating consistency. Ice the cup cakes with the icing & leave to set.
- 3.Decorate with festive sweets & decorations.
Key Ingredients: softened butter, castor sugar, Eggs (beaten), flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, Egg white, lemon juice, icing sugar,