How to make Gajar Halwa Tart
About Gajar Halwa Tart Recipe: The winter favourite Indian dessert, Gajar ka halwa is here. Gajar or carrot is a winter vegetable that is easten in abundance during the season and more so in the form of delectable halwa. Here is a recipe where your favourite halwa dish comes in a sweet tart with delicious rabdi on the side!
Ingredients of Gajar Halwa Tart
- For the Tart:
- 500 gms white butter
- 250 gms breakfast sugar
- 100 ml milk full fat
- 750 gms refined flour
- For Gajar ka Halwa:
- 1 kg winter carrots
- 200 gms ghee
- 90 gms sugar
- 200 gms khoya
- 5 gms cardamom powder
- 50 gms cashew nuts (crushed), fried
- 50 gms almonds (crushed), fried
- 400 ml full fat milk
- For Rabdi:
- full fat milk
- grain sugar
- green cardamom powder
How to Make Gajar Halwa Tart
- For the tarts:
- 1.Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy, adding milk gradually.
- 2.Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- 3.Let the sweet paste rest in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- For the carrot halwa:
- 1.Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add grated carrots.
- 2.Cook till the carrots are soft and moisture has been drained out. Add the sugar and cook further.
- 3.Add full fat milk to the carrots and reduce over slow heat.
- 4.Add the cardamom powder and nuts and khoya and cook over medium flame for further 20-25 minutes.
- For Rabdi:
- 1.Take full fat milk in a thick bottom pan and reduce over medium heat until reduced to ¼ of the original quantity. Add sugar and mix well.
- 2.Cook for another 5-10 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- 3.Once done, remove from flame and add green cardamom powder. Let it cool, cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy, adding milk gradually.
Key Ingredients: white butter, breakfast sugar, milk full fat, refined flour, winter carrots, ghee, sugar, khoya, cardamom powder, cashew nuts (crushed), almonds (crushed), full fat milk, full fat milk, grain sugar, green cardamom powder