How to make Gajar Ka Halwa with Coffee Gulab Jamun
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Gajar Ka Halwa with Coffee Gulab Jamun
Ingredients of Gajar Ka Halwa with Coffee Gulab Jamun
- For Gajar ka Halwa (3-4 servings):
- 1/2 Kg Carrots/Gajar
- 2 Cups Full Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3-4 Elaichi (skinned and powdered)
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Khoya (optional)
- Handful Mixed nuts (pista, cashew and almonds)
- For Coffee Gulab Jamuns (15 servings):
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Maida
- 1 Cup Khoya
- To deep fry Ghee
- 2 Cups Sugar (for sugar syrup)
- Few Saffron
- 2 tsp Coffee powder
- 4 tsp Honey
How to Make Gajar Ka Halwa with Coffee Gulab Jamun
- 1.Dry roast nuts on a low heat until crunchy. Set aside to cool and chop them.
- 2.Bring milk to a boil in a heavy bottom pot or deep pan. Add grated carrots and begin to stir.
- 3.Cook until the milk has completely evaporated. Then add khoya in it.
- 4.Add sugar and stir. Sugar would release lot of moisture. Cook until half the moisture evaporates.
- 5.Add ghee and stir well. Continue to cook until the moisture evaporates and the halwa thickens.
- 6.If you like you can add grated khoya at this moment. Stir and cook for just 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7.Garnish with nuts. Serve Warm or chilled.
Key Ingredients: Carrots/Gajar, Full Fat Milk, Sugar, Elaichi (skinned and powdered), Ghee, Khoya (optional), Mixed nuts (pista, cashew and almonds), Milk powder, Maida, Khoya, Ghee, Sugar (for sugar syrup), Saffron, Coffee powder, Honey