How To Make Gasagase Payasam
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Gasagase Payasam Recipe: A traditionla payasam recipe with the touch of poppy seeds, coconut and the crunch of dry fruits and nuts for the occasion of Ugadi.
Ingredients of Gasagase Payasam
- 150 gms poppy seeds
- 200 gms rice
- 30 gms fresh coconut
- 10 gms jaggery
- 500 gms milk
- 5 gms cardamom
- 20 ml ghee
- 2 Cashew nuts, fried
- 10 gms raisins, fried
- 5 gms mixed dry nuts
How to Make Gasagase Payasam
- 1.Roast the poppy seeds and rice into a golden brown.
- 2.Grind the mixture into a coarse consistency, add grated coconut and water and grind again to a smooth mixture.
- 3.Heat a sauce pan with milk, add the ground poppy seeds and coconut mixture, cardamom pods, jaggery and bring it to a boil.
- 4.Add ghee, cashew nut, raisin and reduce the mixture to a thick consistency.
- 5.Serve the payasam hot garnish with mixed dry nuts.
Key Ingredients: poppy seeds, rice, fresh coconut, jaggery, milk, cardamom, ghee, Cashew nuts, raisins, mixed dry nuts