Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken) Recipe: One of the most popular Thai dish. Chicken mince tossed in mild oriental flavors with aromatic basil leaves.
Ingredients of Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken)
- 500 gms chicken mince (coarse)
- 1/2 Garlic pod, chopped
- 5 Green or red chilli (pasted)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp palm sugar (or plain sugar)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- to taste fish sauce (or salt)
- to taste pepper
- 25 Basil leaves
How to Make Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken)
- 1.Heat oil in pan till very hot.
- 2.Add garlic till brown, then onion, chilly paste and sugar.
- 3.As soon as onion turns transparent add the mince and cook till almost done.
- 4.Add a little water (30 ml) once it starts cooking well
- 5.Add the sauces (soy, oyster and fish) and the pepper.
- 6.When the mince is done add the basil leaves.
- 7.Serve hot and fresh with plain rice.
Cook the mince well before adding the sauces. (do not overcook)
Add the basil leaves right at the end and switch off heat as soon as you do, the leaves will taste better when fresh.
Key Ingredients: chicken mince (coarse), Garlic pod, Green or red chilli (pasted), onion, palm sugar (or plain sugar), cooking oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce (or salt), pepper , Basil leaves