How to make Guilt Free BBQ Chicken
Chicken breasts marinated in a flavorful homemade BBQ sauce and grilled.
Ingredients of Guilt Free BBQ Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts (free-range)
- For the BBQ sauce -
- Onion paste:
- 1 onion
- 2 red chillies (deseeded)
- 5 garlic pods
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice mixture:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- To flavor sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 pinches white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Aromatic powder:
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
How to Make Guilt Free BBQ Chicken
- 1.Bash the chicken with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
- 2.Grind onion, red chillies and 5 garlic pods in a mixie till it forms a paste. Sauté this paste in olive oil for a few minutes. Your onion paste is ready.
- 3.Then take all the juice ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- 4.Crush fennel, rosemary and thyme to a powder and add to the juice mixture.
- 5.Now pour this liquid into the onion paste and reduce this on a fire for 20 minutes, and your BBQ sauce is ready.
- 6.Now marinate the chicken pieces with the sauce, preferably over night. Slap it on a griddle tray with a bit of oil and grill it till it's BBQ'd.
Key Ingredients: chicken breasts (free-range), Onion paste:, onion, red chillies (deseeded), garlic pods, olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard powder, sea salt, paprika, white pepper powder, brown sugar, fennel seeds, fresh rosemary sprig, fresh thyme