How To Make Gundi Paan Gujiya
Recipe Servings: 20
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Gundi Paan Gujiya Recipe:Indullge in the delicious mix of refreshing paan and goodness of nuts with this paan gujiya.This can be a perfect makeover to your classic gujiyas this Holi season.
Ingredients of Gundi Paan Gujiya
- 1 Kg refined flour
- 250 gms ghee
- 300 ml water
- 500 ml sugar syrup
- 1 kg desi ghee
- 100 gms khoya
- 20 gms mix dry fruit (almond flakes, raisins, pista)
- 1 tbsp fresh thym
- 15 Gundi paan, chopped
How to Make Gundi Paan Gujiya
- 1.Make a dough using refined flour, Ghee and water, need together adding water gradually to make a stiff dough.
- 2.Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- 3.For filling mix khoya, dry fruit and chopped pan together.
- 4.Make small balls from the dough and roll it into 3 inch diameter circles.
- 5.Fill the centre of the circle with little of filling one by one and pocket fold, sealing the ends with water.
- 6.Give shape of gujia using hand or gujia moulds.
- 7.Heats ghee to fry on slow flame. See that Ghee should not be very hot, just enough for slow cooking.
- 8.Cook all gujiya together in a kadai on slow fame, gradually turning sides and attaining slight golden colour.
- 9.Drain and place immediately in hot sugar syrup.
- 10.Let it soak for 10 minutes, drain again.
- 11.Garnish and serve after half an hour.
Key Ingredients: refined flour, ghee, water, sugar syrup, desi ghee, khoya, mix dry fruit (almond flakes, raisins, pista), fresh thym, Gundi paan